Get Your Mother's Day Brunch from Granite Bay, to Folsom to the Foothills
05/08/2015 01:43PM, Published by Style, Categories: Food+Wine
Image Courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons
WANT TO GO TO BRUNCH? WE’VE GOT 15 SUGGESTIONS!
Perhaps it’s Mother’s Day, or just a random sunny Sunday beckoning you to drink mimosas and kick back. Whatever the occasion, any Sunday is a good day to try one of these fabulous local breakfast-lunch hot spots.
In no particular order…
1. Farmhaus offers an incredible variety of brunch items, including FarmHaus French Toast with crème fraiche and citrus zest, and Haus Smoked Pastrami Hash with eggs and potatoes. Brunch is every Sunday from 9am-2pm. Farmhaus, Granite Bay.
Provence’s Sunday brunch
runs from 9am-4pm,
and it’s certainly not to be missed. From the burst of flavors
present in their unique Shrimp Louis, to the spicy sriracha
hollandaise topping their Saumon Benedict, La Provence is a wonderful
place to brunch! LaProvence, Roseville.
3. At Early Toast in Roseville, a special Mother’s Day brunch menu includes a savory surf and turf Shrimp Bacon Benedict, but if you’re looking to spoil mom with something a little sweeter, definitely go with the Double Chocolate Strawberry Waffle with white chocolate chips. Brunch is from 7am-4pm, plenty of time to celebrate Mother’s Day or to just relax on a lazy Sunday. Early Toast, Roseville.
4. High Hand Café’s weekend brunch is from 11am-3pm, so you have a little more time for relaxing with your mimosas. And those mimosas would go really well paired with King Crab Benedict, Brioche French Toast, or even the delicious Shrimp Omelet if you can decide which sounds better! High Hand Café, Lincoln.
5. If you’re looking for some fantastic sweet stuff for breakfast, head to the Four Sisters Café in Rocklin and just try deciding between the Mango Stuffed French Toast and the Paradise Waffle. Believe me, it’s harder than it sounds. Open 6:30am-3pm every day, so you can get these Sunday Brunch treats any time. Four Sisters Café, Rocklin.
6. Land and Ocean in El Dorado Hills offers their Bottomless Mimosa Brunch from 10am-2pm for only $7. Their Crab Cake Benedict with mango hollandaise is always a treat, but if you’re looking for a dish to spice up your brunch, definitely order the Chilaquiles. Landand Ocean, Folsom.
7. Sienna Restaurant in Folsom offers a delicious twist on Bottomless Mimosas and traditional Eggs Benedict, but their tantalizing Crème Brulee French Toast would probably put you in a glorious food coma—definitely worth trying! Brunch is offered at Sienna from 10am-2pm every Sunday, but get there fast! Sienna Restaurant, Folsom.
8. The Folsom Fat’s Asia Bistro is offering a special Mother’s Day Champagne Buffet brunch from 10am-2:30, with everything from Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs, Seasonal Fruit Platters, and Thai Tea Almond Toast to more usual menu items like Dim Sum, Chicken Chow Mein, and Grilled Lemongrass Chicken with Asparagus and Mushrooms. Talk about a Mother’s Day feast! Fat’sAsia Bistro, Folsom.
For those of you out there with a different dietary tastes, Willow
Café & Sweetery in
Folsom has a range of delicious gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian
options. Their Mother’s Day Brunch is from 8am-3pm, and includes
such delectable treats as Fruit and Cheese Crostini, Eggs in a
Basket, and a fresh Spring Salad. Willow Café &Sweetery, Folsom.
10. Sutter Street Grill in Folsom has the fare to satisfy that breakfast/brunch craving, Mother’s Day or not. Head in on Sunday between 7am and 2pm to sample their Pork Tenderloin with eggs, potatoes, and toast, or if you gotta have your eggs, try one of their HUGE assortment of wonderful omelets. SutterStreet Grill, Folsom.
11. If you’re looking for the whole enchilada on Mother’s Day (pun intended), then the Mother’s Day Brunch at Los Pinos in Cameron Park has it all: incredible assorted breads and pastries, egg casserole, prime rib, honey ham, chilled shrimp, fajitas, enchiladas, French toast, omelets and scrambles, and last but certainly not least, their famous “SIN”amon rolls. This food extravaganza starts at 9am and ends at 3pm on Sunday, and is seriously not to be missed. LosPinos Mexican Food, Cameron Park.
12. The Independent in Placerville is open for Sunday Brunch from 10am-2pm, and lures you in with your choice of Pomegranate or Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice Mimosas and items like the Avocado Scramble, Biscuits and Gravy, and their Huevos Rancheros. Yummm. TheIndependent Restaurant and Bar, Placerville.
13. Hold on to your hats, Selland’s Market Café in El Dorado Hills has special Sunday Brunch treats in store like Kiera’s Breakfast Pizza (prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, tomato coulis and a farm fresh egg), the Carnitas Breakfast Burrito, and French Toast Casserole (apples sautéed in butter, cinnamon, sugar and topped with whipped cream!) to name just a few. Treat your mom (and yourself) to brunch at Sellands from 9:30am-2pm but better act fast because it’s their busiest day of the year and for good reason! Selland’sMarket Café, El Dorado Hills.
14. From Smoked Brook Trout Hash to steamy Berry Griddle Cakes to their House Made Spinach and Mushroom Crepe, Bistro 33 in El Dorado Hills likes to spoil its breakfast and brunch diners with quality fare. But their Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch Buffet will be just as incredible if not more, so be sure to get there between 9am and 3pm! Bistro 33, El Dorado Hills.
15. One of Shingle Springs’ best breakfast places is CrepeTown Café & Grill (AKA European Café & Grill), and for good reason. Open on Mother’s Day and every Sunday for breakfast, brunch, and lunch from 8am-3pm, their menu boasts such indulgences as the breakfast Crepe Benedict, Beef Burgundy Crepe, and sweeter Lemon Delight Crepe among an array of salads, soup, and burgers. CrepeTown Café& Grill, Shingle Springs.
– Adrianna Valencia