2013 Readers' Choice Health & Wellness Winners
09/30/2013 10:36AM ● Published by Style
Photography by Dante Fontana, © Style Media Group
1. Michael Jones, M.D.
2. Kenneth Nelson, M.D.
3. Taylor Vance, M.D.
Favorite Dance Studio
1. Foothills Dance Studio
2. On Stage Productions
3. Sierra Ballet
Favorite Dance Instructor
1. Jennifer Costello at Foothills Dance Studio
2. Sherri Scher at On Stage Productions
3. Vanessa Lathrop at Foothills Dance Studio
Favorite Nutrition Shop
1. Max Muscle Sports Nutrition
2. Placerville Natural Foods Co-Op
3. Cameron Park Health Foods
Favorite Gym/Health Club
1. Snap Fitness
2. In-Shape Millennium: El Dorado
3. Jazzercize Shingle Springs Foothills Center
Honorable Mentions: Action Potential Personal Training Studio, Fitness Solutions and Anytime Fitness
Favorite Personal Trainer
1. Jessica Miller at Action Potential Personal Training
2. Nick Edwards at Snap Fitness
3. Jennifer Heape at Fitness Solutions
Honorable Mention: Kyle Glaab at Mueller’s Elite Fitness Training Academy
Favorite Martial Arts Studio
1. Kovar’s Satori Academy
2. Foothill Taekwondo
3. Elite Taekwondo USA
Favorite Martial Arts Instructor
1. Jeramy Sipes at Kovar’s Satori Academy
2. Bob Westphal at Foothill Taekwondo
3. Scott Newman at New Man’s Karate
Honorable Mention: Shayna Aidnik at Elite Taekwondo USA
Favorite Yoga Instructor
1. Sara Valentine at Snap Fitness
2. Jennifer Heape at The Smith Flat House Center for Health
3. Sue Spencer at Simple Serenity Fitness
Favorite Yoga Studio
1. The Smith Flat House Center for Health
2. Snap Fitness – Shingle Springs
3. Kevala Yoga
Favorite Pilates Studio
1. Pilates Power
2. Snap Fitness
3. TIE: El Dorado Hills Sports Club and Fit and Well Pilates
Favorite Pilates Instructor
1. Karen Pledger at El Dorado Hills Sports Club
2. Kristin Meyer at Pilates Power
3. Donna Fettig at Fit and Well Pilates
Favorite Physical Therapist
1. Steve Harrity at Cameron Park Physical Therapy
2. John Wu at Marshall Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
3. Larry Gray at Gray’s Physical Therapy
Honorable Mentions: Kim McKinstry, PT and Erin LeBlanc at El Dorado Physical Therapy
1. Ben Ling, M.D.
2. Wendy Stedeford, MSAOM, L. Ac.
3. Marc Fierro, L.Ac., PA-C
1. Lorin Farr, D.C.
2. June Scofield, D.C.
3. John Taylor, D.C.
Honorable Mentions: Petrice Foxworthy, D.C., Caroline Mohlstrom, D.C., Brandon Fox, D.C. and Steven Long, D.C.
Favorite General Practitioner
1. Mark Holthouse, M.D.
2. Jonathan Lehrman, M.D.
3. Gerardo Galang, M.D.
A very close #4: William Barley, M.D.
1. Bruce Miller, M.D.
2. David No, M.D., Ph.D.
3. Timothy Rosio, M.D.
Favorite Eye Doctor
1. Shawn McDonald, O.D.
2. Dan Morrill, O.D.
3. Ronald Evans, M.D.
Favorite Mental Health Professional
1. Katherine Tuttle, Ph.D.
2. Kay Williams, MA, MFT
3. TIE: Jill Gustafson, LCSW, and Carrie Getz, Psy.D.
Editor’s Note: There were many votes for Stacy Calhoun at Casa Ramos, but alas, Ms. Calhoun is not a licensed mental health professional so she cannot be included in this category. But, we do see the value of a good chat with a great bartender.
Favorite Doctor for Cosmetic Procedures
1. Reginald Rice, M.D.
2. David No, M.D., Ph.D.
3. Sherellen Gerhart, M.D.
Honorable Mention: Shahriar Mabourakh, M.D. FACS
1. Douglas Stadler, D.D.S.
2. Ike Rahimi, D.M.D., D.D.S.
3. David Schultz, D.D.S.
1. Daryl Proctor, D.D.S., M.S.
2. Robert Nisson, D.D.S.
3. Mark Holt, D.D.S., M.S.
Favorite Pediatric Dentist
1. Penny Dodson, D.D.S.
2. Make A Smile Children’s Dental
3. Victoria Sullivan, D.D.S.
1. Ulrich Hacker, M.D.
2. Elizabeth Peterson, M.D.
3. Nicole Shorrock, M.D.