Ask the Expert
● By Style
Why should my child continue swimming year-round?
It is important that you don’t let your child forget everything she has learned this summer; keep her swimming all year. Some of the many benefits are as follows:
- Safer and more confident in the water due to constant learning and practice during physical growth and maturation.
- Improved overall health due to consistent exercise of the nervous, cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- Increased strength and coordination, which leads to better performance in other physical activities.
- Accelerated brain development, which has scientifically been linked to movement patterns used in swimming.
- Higher intelligence and problem-solving skills, which helps early schooling.
- Greater self-discipline plus motivation and confidence to succeed.
- Increased attention span and alertness in school from listening skills and processing series of complex instructions.
- Greater self-respect from consistent goal setting, learning and achievement.
- Valuable socialization skills from interaction with classmates.
— Kaleb S. Wallen
Steve Wallen Swim School, Inc.
1230 Glenhaven Court, Suite 100
El Dorado Hills, wallenswim.com, 916-939-7075