The 10 Spot
09/30/2010 05:00PM, Published by Style, Categories: In Print
To honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we’ve collected the following resources to help you or a loved one in your courageous fight.
- Necessities Bag Sacramento provides reusable totes filled with guidance and supplies for preparing for a mastectomy. necessitiesbagsac.org.
- Order free booklets and brochures including Understanding Metastatic Breast Cancer and Your Guide to the Breast Cancer Pathology Report, by visiting breastcancer.org/community/booklets.jsp.
- Northern California Breast Cancer Network of Strength Affiliate offers “Open Door” meetings and discussions on various breast cancer topics. networkofstrength.org.
- Share experiences at Sutter Roseville Medical Center’s “Women With Breast Cancer” support group. For details, call 916-781-1634.
- YourShoes 24/7 Breast Cancer Support Center is a toll-free hotline staffed by breast cancer survivors. 800-221-2141.
- Marshall Medical Center’s breast cancer support group –“Hooters” – is led by breast cancer survivors and meets monthly in Placerville. Call 530-672-7050 for details.
- American Cancer Society and Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths campaign can provide free wigs. Call 877-227-1596.
- Visit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure online forum at apps.komen.org/forums to share your stories.
- The Road To Recovery program provides transportation to and from treatment. 800-227-2345.
- The Mercy Foundation offers free Breast Cancer Resource Binders to women who have been newly diagnosed. 916-851-2081.