10 Spot Trivia
03/30/2010 05:58AM, Published by Wendy Sipple, Categories: In Print
While we at Style treat every day as Earth Day, in celebration of Earth Day’s 40th Birthday, we have compiled 10 “earthy” trivia questions to test your knowledge about our beloved planet.
1. Who founded Earth Day?
2. About how many people in America participated in the first Earth Day?
3. Which creates more pollution, the average home, or the average car?
4. In what year did Earth Day go global, with 200 million people in over 140 countries participating?
5. In 1972, Congress passed ___, limiting pollution in rivers, lakes and streams.
6. What was the focus of the 2000 Earth Day Celebration?
7. What is the most popular act performed in celebration of Earth Day?
8. How much of our air pollution comes from motor vehicles?
9. What are the three “R”s to remember about waste management?
10. On average, what is the approximate daily home water use for each person in the U.S.?
Spoiler Alert! ...Scroll down for answers!
- Gaylord Nelson
- 20 Million
- The average home creates more pollution than the average car.
- the Clean Water Act
- Clean Energy
- Planting a tree.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- 50 Gallons