Home Reinvention - El Dorado Hills
02/04/2010 04:47AM ● Published by Wendy Sipple
After photos by William Foster Photography
The kitchen was a complete tear-out and re-construction.
I worked to integrate elements from the existing architecture into the space, give it a sense of grandeur, and make the layout more efficient and functional. In addition to upgrading the finish palette, cabinet style/design and appliances, and adding a feature wall and floor accent mosaic, the following space modifications were made:
- The adjacent breakfast nook and family room/bar cabinetry was refinished and the trim was replaced to coordinate with the new finishes
- The kitchen layout was enlarged by 2 ft, making it more spacious and efficient. And I was able to do so while only encroaching into the adjacent family room by 14 in.
- The inefficient corner pantry was removed and replaced with wall and island pantry space.
- Upgraded and relocated the refrigerator from 48” to 63” Sub-Zero.
- Upgraded the wall oven and cooktop to a 48” GE Monogram range with cast stone hood surround.
- Built-in convenience amenities, such as powered drawers for laptop and charging station, dish-towel-drying rack, pull-out shelves at blind cabinet (seen in detail photos on website).
- Relocated existing recessed lighting, added pendant fixtures, under-cabinet task puck lights and in- and above-cabinet accent lighting.
- Included in the all-new plumbing fixtures were pull-out faucets, a pot filler, instant-hot water dispenser, garbage disposal air switches.
- To take better advantage of the lake view, the existing garden window was removed. The opening placement was adjusted and the exterior wall was built out to accommodate a deep-set fixed-pane window with extended counter surface sill.
–Ali M Giaudrone
Principal | LEED™ AP | NKBA
Cerified Interior Designer #5935
AMG Inspired Design, Inc.
4907 Village Green Drive
El Dorado Hills | California | 95762
After photos by: William Foster Photography